Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[Backlog] Russia~

So as many of you may or may not know, I happen to be friends with this awesome person who is infinitely patient in waiting for the dollies owed her at one point (I have since caught up to this debt XD)

Said awesome person also happens to be my guinea pig when I decide to test out making new things ♥

Without further ado, I present my "Big" size dollie~

Some of you may recognize him as Russia from the now popular webcomic turned anime, Axis Powers Hetalia~ He stands approximately 16 inches tall, versus the 10 inches of regular dollies. He actually reintroduced me to the idea of making dolls that could both sit and stand, and since him I've been making my smaller sized dolls able to do the same. His arms also move up and down.





Here's the second view, with him sitting. Also you can see him smiling.

This was also my first foray into trying to make a mini "wig cap" and attaching the hair to it via latch hooking, instead of just hot gluing hair to the head. I think it looks a lot neater now, and it's certainly a lot less painful for my fingers XD

No comments:

Post a Comment