Sunday, March 6, 2011

[Current Project] Penguin

So sometime during....January, I believe it was, one of my roommates asked me if I'd have time to make a penguin for her, as a gift to a friend of hers. I told her of course, and we sent up a general time frame. So, March rolled around and I realized that it was about when she said she needed it. So, I talked with her, found a reference, and we just started going from there.

This is an Adelie penguin, the one she decided was cutest of the ones we found, and the one the penguin I made was based on.

This is how the penguin turned out in the end :3 Not too bad, given that I was making up the pattern for it as I went. I think my biggest accomplishment, though, would be that it stands up on its own, something I was worried it wouldn't do in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment